Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE: PART I


This fun series is my follow up to the BANABU Blogs: I-III , IV-VI , VII-XI
Long before I ordered BANABU, I took my own notes on Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People."
Here are my notes:

FUNDAMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN HANDLING PEOPLE
PRINCIPLE 1:    Don't criticize, condemn or complain.

            "God himself, sir, does not propose to judge man until the end of his days"

—Dr. Johnson
PRINCIPLE 2:    Give honest and sincere appreciation.

            "Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him."

–Emerson
PRINCIPLE 3:    Arouse in the other person an eager want.

"If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own." –Henry Ford
"First, arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way." –Prof. Overstreet
                                    "Hearty in his approbation and lavish in his praise." –Charles Schwab







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails